City of Colorado Springs HOURLY - Facility Janitor - Hillside Community Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
**This is a year round, hourly (at-will) position with benefits limited to those required by applicable state and federal laws, which include Worker's Compensation, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, and PERA (Public Employees' Retirement Association).
Normal work schedule is evenings and weekends, depending on facility needs, approximately 15-20 hours per week. Total hours worked not to exceed 1,500 annually.
Facility Janitor - Hillside Community Center**
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services seeks a facility janitor to perform maintenance and janitorial duties.
*Essential Job Functions *- the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Vacuum and mop all floor surfaces daily; dust and clean exposed surfaces
- Clean windows, sills, and walls as needed
- Empty trash containers daily; replace liners as needed
- Complete cleaning of all surfaces in restrooms; clean and sanitize toilets, urinals, sinks, showers, and baby changing stations daily
- Check and replenish all toilet paper, paper towels, and soap dispensers as needed
- Read and follow room set-up/take down requests; estimate time needed
- Ensure the safety of all participants and staff
- Assist with training, supervising, and evaluating community service workers
- Attend trainings and complete certifications as required
- Assist staff with problem solving facility issues
- Assist with accurate and timely completion of personnel and administrative reports
- Report accidents and behavior concerns to administrative staff
- Comply with pertinent policies and procedures
Perform set-up, monitoring, and take down of special events/private rentals We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge of buffers, floor and carpet cleaners, materials, chemicals, and supplies used in the facility
- Ability to demonstrate support for administrative decisions
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively, orally and in writing
- Establish effective working relationships; serve as an energetic and positive role model
- Excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently Successful candidate will:
Be at least 18 years of age
Have janitorial experience and/or related education Ideal candidates will also:
Possess First Aid and CPR certifications
- Have experience working in a high traffic/multi-use facility Additional Information
Physical Demands:This position requires the ability to stand, sit, stoop, walk, climb, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or repeatedly.
This position includes possible exposure to toxic chemicals, general/household cleaning products, and biohazards, including human bodily fluids and waste.
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $10.20 Hourly
Location: Recreation and Cultural Services - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Hourly
Department: Parks, Rec & Cultural Svc
Job Number: 12789
Closing: 3/21/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5456 719-385-5456