Western Union Executive Assistant to Chief Technology Officer in Englewood, Colorado
Job Title: Executive Assistant to Chief Technology Officer
Requisition #: 1801019
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money - to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over $150 billion dollars for our consumer and business clients. We continue to innovate, developing new ways to send money through digital, mobile, and retail channels, with an array of convenient pay-out options to meet business and consumer needs. By providing these financial services, we help to transform lives, create jobs and drive economic growth worldwide. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at our Global Headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, you will ssupport the CTO by handling a wide variety of situations involving the administrative functions of the CTO office.
Here are some specifics:
· Assist with various ad-hoc financial projects
· Exemplify the Western Union behaviors in day-to-day administrative responsibilities
· Coordinate domestic and international travel
· Manage the executive's schedule and calendar - arrange appointments, meetings, and conference calls
· Coordinate related arrangements
· Prepare and compose correspondence
· Establish and maintain highly confidential files and records
· Be an advocate and evangelist for new technologies – acting as a change champion with the admin community
· Occasionally assist with special projects
· Receive and screen incoming telephone calls and e-mails, and resolve routine to complex inquiries
· Provide insights into corporate policy and interpret and communicate the executive's intent to other managers
· Prepare routine and non-routine special reports and presentations including researching, gathering and summarizing highly complex/confidential data
· Compose written descriptions of results, prepare presentations, and make interpretations and recommendations as appropriate
· Assist in budget preparation and control activities
· Coordinate collection and preparation of operating reports
What you will need to succeed:
· 7+ years of global progressive Executive Assistant experience or equivalent preferred
· Excellent track record of performance that involves supporting Senior Vice Presidents and/or C-level leaders
· Highest level of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion and integrity required
· Strong prioritization and planning skills
· Experience with financial systems and tools
· Experience coordinating both domestic and international travel
· Experience supporting global high performing teams
· Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· Experience using Concur or a related planning and expense management tool
· Ability to manage confidential communications and information
· Ability to assist in crisis situations and handle tasks outside of normal working hours when required
· Build and maintain positive relationships with other assistants and company personnel
What will make you stand out:
· Open minded and change oriented
· Ability to work under ambiguous circumstances
· High energy and flexible
· Optimistic, persistent, patient, resourceful, forward-looking and results driven
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive global pay and benefits
· Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
· Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including applicants with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.